cockroaches or cockroaches can be the ugliest creatures imaginable share their home with them! They can transmit diseases and spread the bacteria throughout the house. Of course, you have the type of pest control and exterminator for help, but all these chemicals to kill them are not good for you, your children, pets, and human life with you. Therefore, you must take some home treatments to kill cockroaches permanently and, of course! These methods are also cheap compared to bills of pest control companies!
There are several ways to fight these cockroaches. You can get some natural ingredients that function as repellents and remove these cockroaches in your home. Then you can also get some other natural ingredients that kill and help eliminate these creatures permanently to others of their species is not in your home! In addition, there are also a couple of tricks to catch these roaches if you do not want to kill them.
At this writing, VKool.com show you 16 best ways to get rid of cockroaches at home naturally without any side effects. This article discusses the best methods to get rid of cockroaches from reliable sources listed. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and is solely for informational purposes. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to get rid of cockroaches naturally at home!
Top 14 ways to get rid of cockroaches naturally and fast
1. Ground coffee and water
If caffeine present in coffee can kill these cockroaches or aroma can act as bait remains a moot point. In fact, the core of this theory is that the ground coffee is one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of cockroaches natural and quick way home. They can feed on organic food and if you’ve ever noticed, are particularly attracted to ground coffee among many other foods. Therefore, it can be used ground coffee to attract and remove them.
- wet coffee grinds
- Clean water
- jars large glass
- Small cups
- initially, fill glass jars with clean water halfway.
- Then the wet coffee grinds in each of the small vessels is placed.
- Then place these vessels inside all the bottles.
- After that, the bottles along baseboards or against walls or other places where roaches are probably nesting place.
- What happens is that cockroaches are attracted by the aroma of ground coffee and then enter the bottle. When they enter the bottle, which can not escape.
- When these bottles have been established to attract these cockroaches, you have to check every day. If you see the bottles have a number of cockroaches can get rid of them, along with some water in the toilet. However, before discarding these cockroaches, you have to take these glasses bottles.
- Now, fill these jars again with clean, damp ground water instead of coffee in cups and repeat this process.
- should do it this way until there is no cockroach in the jars with ground coffee.
Further information: negative side effects of coffee on your body
2. Fabric Softener and water
the fabric softener is another effective way on how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly at home. Cockroaches breathe through their skin; Therefore, when preparing a solution of fabric softener and water sprayed on them, it will smother them, make them more difficult to breathe, and finally killed.
- Natural softening – 3 parts
- Clean Water 2 parts
- A spray bottle
- first, the fabric softener is mixed with clean water to make a thick solution.
- Then fill the spray bottle with the solution thick.
- Now, this solution is sprayed onto any cockroach. You can even spray it in places where these cockroaches are hiding.
More: The book, 3-week diet
3. Borax and sugar
As mentioned above, the organic food will attract these cockroaches and what you should do anything sweet! Thus it uses sugar to trap them, but borax is used to remove them! Borax may be considered as effective as the spray used by a commercial exterminator. You can dehydrate the exoskeleton of these cockroaches and damaging your digestive system as well. This is enough to fight them.
Here are simple instructions in a useful way on how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly that you should not miss!
- At first, take the same amount of sugar and borax and then mix well.
- Then the mixture is applied along baseboards, under cabinets and sink, in crevices, or other places where cockroaches tend to appear.
- see a lot of dead cockroaches in several hours.
Caution: Borax is a poison and therefore must be used with great caution, especially if you have pets or children at home. You should sprinkle borax with sugar in higher places or other places where your pets and children can not reach. You have to label the container or bottle you keep borax that there is no accident occurring in the future.
4. Sodium bicarbonate and sugar
As mentioned above, the mixture of borax and sugar can poison bait these cockroaches. Now, if you do not want to use borax, due to the presence of their children and pets in the house, you can try to mix the sugar with sodium bicarbonate to make effective bait for these cockroaches in your home . In fact, Sugar attracts these cockroaches and baking soda can affect the digestive system of these cockroaches. Then results of both gas accumulation in the creature will die. Therefore, the combination of baking soda and sugar is another effective way on how to get rid of cockroaches at home fast!
- First, the same amount of sugar and bicarbonate is taken sodium and mix well.
- Then the mixture is sprinkled in areas which are infested by these cockroaches.
- When eating mix, they will die.
5. ammonia and water solution
ammonia also works as a repellent for these cockroaches thanks to its pungent odor. Click to Tweet Therefore, you can make it become a habit to clean hard surfaces with a solution of water and ammonia.
Here it is a fast simple method of how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and you should try!
- 2 cup ammonia
- 1 bucket of water
- initially, ammonia is added in the water bucket.
- Now, rinse the hard surfaces of the kitchen, bathroom and other places with the solution.
- cockroaches come out of the house soon, but you should still use the solution for at least once in two weeks to stop them from entering the house again.
Further information: The easiest way to treat natural and quick bites bee at home
6. The catnip herb
catnip is regarded as a natural repellent for these cockroaches that can be used as one of the other ways to get rid of cockroaches naturally and safely without harm their children and pets. The active ingredient in catnip is nepetalactone that is not toxic to pets and humans.
- 1 teaspoon catnip
- first, simmer catnip in water to make a tea of catnip.
- Then fill a spray bottle with this tea and use it as a spray.
- Now, you miss it behind the counter and around baseboards or anywhere you doubt that these cockroaches are hiding in your house.
- Or, you can get small bags of this herb and leave them in places where the cockroaches.
Caution: While this herb is safe for your pets, can make cats go crazy. Therefore, if you own a cat at home, you should look for some other remedies to get rid of cockroaches.
If you want to know more about other useful ways of how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and fast way at home, you should continue reading the next part of this paper!
7. cayenne pepper, white onion, garlic and water
When it comes to a natural repellent for these cockroaches, this cayenne pepper will not forget. Where not pepper, these cockroaches do not like to live there. While it is clear that this is not because of its smell or because some ingredients in it, cayenne pepper works. One should not ignore the road ahead for how to get rid of cockroaches naturally at home!
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- A clove of crushed garlic
- A crushed white onion
- 4 cups water
- A spray bottle
- initially , red or cayenne pepper is taken.
- then mixed with onion and garlic clove chopped white.
- Now, water is boiled and add all these above ingredients in the boiling water.
- After that, put off the heat and wait a few minutes until cool.
- Finally, this mixture is poured into the spray bottle and sprayed in some areas infested cockroaches.
- Or you can sprinkle the pepper is behind objects or places where you see these cockroaches.
8. Make sticky trap
can intercept these cockroaches in a way that can not escape. Thus, packing tape super-force is used! All you need to do is keep the tape up. If this does not work, you should get adhesive strips that are used to catch mice.
- At first, the tapes are placed behind the stove and cooler and along the counters and baseboards. Remember to keep the face of the tape up.
- You can do this process at night before going to sleep because these cockroaches are most active at night.
- If you have cockroaches, you must catch them in the morning.
- should do this method every day until not seen for a few days.
- If there is a lot of work, you just placed these adhesive strips in places where the cockroaches.
9. Essential oils, borax and baking soda sodium
There are a lot of nice humans smells like cockroaches, but, flies and other insects can not stand them. They are rosemary oil, eucalyptus , fir, lemon and cedar oil. You can always pour a few drops of these oils on a cotton ball and put the ball near insect infested areas. This is a useful way on how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly using these oils, along with borax and baking soda. This will also leave home a pleasant smell.
- 10 to 12 drops of essential oil of cedar
- 4 drops of essential oil of lemon
- White essential Fir oil 4 drops
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons borax
- first, all the above ingredients are added in a container.
- Subsequently, one can mix well.
- Now, mix some places are sprinkled cockroaches. You can even sprinkle on carpets and upholstered furniture. Borax and sodium bicarbonate absorbed soil, odors and oils. This will make your furniture and carpets fresh and clean.
- After that, you leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, waste soda is removed with a vacuum cleaner. Sometimes you do not want to clean behind cupboards.
- This not only kills and repels cockroaches, but also repels ticks, fleas, bedbugs, spiders, mites, etc.
Further information: Health and beauty benefits of lemon juice, oil, and peel
10. Make a cucumber trap
Although not many people find that this resource is very effective, some people still say it works well. Anyway, cucumbers are almost usually in the refrigerator so it does not hurt to experiment with their shell to find out if these cockroaches in your home really react to them! When cucumber peels aluminum, which can react with metal to produce such a smell, which is not tolerable to cockroaches and die stands.
To learn how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly at home using cucumber peels, you can follow this way.
- fresh shells cucumber
- An aluminum bottle
- initially, cucumber peels are placed in the bottle.
- Now, this bottle is placed near a site where there are many cockroaches.
- Finally, just wait to die away.
Read more: beauty and household benefits of cucumbers
11. The bay leaf
This can be considered as a repellent which can lead cockroaches home away from home instead of killing them. Being a herb that is widely used in Asian cooking, bay leaf can easily be found in many stores selling Asian or Indian spices. It is believed that cockroaches can not stand the smell of these sheets and therefore can be used as another effective way on how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly, even without killing them.
- A handful of bay leaves
- A mortar or pestle
- first, crushed bay leaves them to take their dust. Bay leaves and dried and can be easily ground.
- Now, this powder is sprinkled near cockroaches nesting places.
- Cockroaches soon leave home and go to other places where they can get their favorite foods.
12. Traps soda bottles
Although you can always buy roach traps, if it gets a little effort and have time, you can use some empty soda bottles to prepare roach traps at home. Here’s how you can make one.
- A plastic bottle of soda
- A tape
- A sharp knife
- first, the plastic bottle of soda is taken and then cut the top using the sharp knife
- Now, the upper separate part of this bottle is taken and placed in the body of this bottle in the inverted position. You have to open the lid. It should act as a funnel into this bottle of soda.
- Then the tape around its edge is used to keep it in place.
- After that, mix a little soap and water and pour this mixture into the bottle.
- Finally, homemade roach trap placed in places where roaches are often seen.
- He’s going to get into this bottle and drown.
13. Boric acid
Boric acid it is widely used for the commercial control pest. And therefore it is a toxic form on how to get rid of cockroaches and is just one of the final choices if it is fed with nasty creatures.
- Initially, boric acid is placed at the top of kitchen cabinets or bathroom cabinets.
- not put boric acid inside the cabinets. Remember that are toxic.
- Actually you can put between cabinets and ceiling if possible. The cockroaches often as high places and this effort does not go to waste.
- Thus, this acid cockroaches will nest and kill the species.
Caution: must take great care to keep the boric acid away from your children and pets. Should wash their hands properly and completely after putting boric acid. It is better for you to use gloves to do it this way and wash these gloves immediately after putting boric acid in the most desirable locations.
14. Hair Spray
you can even use this simple hairspray that is present in your home kill cockroaches. Because the spray is so sticky, it can make the wings cockroaches are stuck so they can not escape. You can also seal the vent holes of these cockroaches and therefore suffocate and die.
- First, this spray solution hair is sprayed into places where the cockroaches.
- When they die, are put in the trash and then clean the areas where it is sprayed with hairspray using the damp cloth.
Precautions: Hairspray is a highly flammable ingredient. Do not use it around an open flame. It is best to not use the same resource in your kitchen.
Additional Tips to Prevent and Eliminate cockroaches:
If you do not want these unwanted guests in your home, you have to remove your supply. Cockroaches also have basic needs as human beings, such as food, shelter and water. Therefore, it does not allow food within their reach by storing food properly and avoid spills. You have to keep drains clean and fix leaking pipes. In addition, you should also keep your house clean, warm and humid places dirty, and free of debris because such places become the refuge of cockroaches. Here are some useful tips for you to prevent cockroaches from entering your home and if you have already entered these cockroaches, you can also find some other tips to keep them away from home.
- must remove all the clutter from anywhere in your home.
- should keep your house clean by vacuuming frequently and well and clean floors every day. It pays special attention to walls, cabinets, moldings, baseboards, furniture, etc., while cleaning.
- You have to vacuuming and then sponge mop your kitchen floor every week. You must absorb all the remaining water.
- must wash all hard surfaces such as sinks with cleaning products.
- The places that are difficult to reach, not visible, and is difficult to clean need to be fixed with something to eliminate cockroaches every day. It can be dusted these areas with boric acid powder.
- should seal the openings and cracks with putty. You can find this type of openings and cracks in the ceiling and wall meet, floor and wall meet, around pipes and baseboards, window and door moldings, cabinets inside and around the sink.
Simple Tips to cut their food supply:
- Always keep food stored in the refrigerator or in sealed containers. It is better to keep it in the fridge.
- should try to paint the shelves and drawers with enamel. Always keep them clean.
- You do not allow to open garbage disposal. You have to use dustbins covered in the kitchen and places where wet waste. Instead, you have to keep these covered trash containers outside.
- should keep everything in your kitchen clean and wash dishes, tables, stovetops, and counters every day without fail.
- you have to store anything edible including some dry, such as flour, sugar, cereal, biscuits and pasta in covered containers elements. Remember they are also foods that attract cockroaches.
easier to cut the water supply Tips:
- you have to fix all leaks present in your home. Pipes, taps and flush tanks can leak water.
- is necessary to clean drains every day.
- must keep the places in your house dry and clean. Kitchen and bathroom should be dry and clean. You should also soak up all the water after the wet area.
useful for removing their hideouts Tips:
- New furniture, food, clothing and appliances are clutter. You have to give them away or throw them away.
- You have to clean up the mess of storage spaces such as bookcases, cabinets, drawers, etc., and throw all, what it is trash.
- No shelf paper is used because roaches like to hide under them.
- must repair your home regularly, seal openings and cracks and also remove paint chips.
- You need to check their books on their shelves or drawers or where these books are stored. Furthermore, it should check under the electronics and the sink and behind pictures for cockroaches to clean regularly.
- If it is not the role of the walls, you have to make sure you are not loosening. You need to remove or repair loose wallpaper. It is true for gypsum.
To learn more about the natural ways to improve your life, go to our main life style page. After reading the article 14 of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches, hope you can find the best solutions to get rid of cockroaches natural and quick way home. However, the article is only for the informational purposes, therefore, must meet its experts for advice before applying any naturally. If you have any questions, or if you know other ways to get rid of cockroaches naturally and quickly at home, please leave them below.