Hey ladies, how are you today!? I really believe that sugar is one of the most harmful substances that can consume! And worst of this substance is that it is present in our daily diet. And unfortunately, this unhealthy addiction to sugar is becoming popular not only among adults, but children as well. The famous Dr. Robert Lustig, professor of clinical pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology at the University of California and a pioneer in decoding sugar metabolism, says that your body can metabolize safely, at least six teaspoons sugar per day. According to the latest statistics, experts say that most Americans are consuming more than three times that amount, which means that most of the excess sugar becomes metabolized into body fat -. Which leads to all chronic metabolic diseases debilitating many people are struggling with
Here are some of the effects that eating too much sugar has on your health:
- first, you should know that sugar overload and damage your liver too. Experts say that the negative effects of excess sugar or fructose can be compared with the effects of alcohol. All the sugar you eat are “passed” the only body that has the conveyor so that – your liver. Experts say that this process severely overloaded taxes and organs, leading to possible liver damage.
- should also know that sugar can trick your body into weight gain and affects insulin and leptin signaling. And sugar “tricks” your metabolism by turning off the appetite control system of your body. It is able to stimulate insulin, which in turn fails to suppress ghrelin, or the “hunger hormone”, which then does not stimulate leptin or “satiety hormone.” And this makes you eat more and develop insulin resistance.
- This is also very important that you know – Sugar also causes metabolic dysfunction. Eating too much sugar causes a flood of classic symptoms known as metabolic syndrome. These include weight gain, abdominal obesity, low HDL and increased LDL, elevated blood sugar, high triglycerides and high blood pressure.
- Excess sugar also increases levels of uric acid. And, you should know that high uric acid levels are a risk factor for heart disease and kidney. The connection between fructose, metabolic syndrome, and uric acid is now so clear that your uric acid level can now be used as a marker for fructose toxicity. A recent study has found that the safest range of uric acid is between 3 to 5.5 milligrams per deciliter. If the uric acid level is higher than this, then clearly you are at risk to the negative impacts on the health of fructose. Therefore, this is a good reason why you should avoid eating sugar and sweets and avoid drinking soft drinks, which are loaded with sugar!
Now, let’s see if you are eating too much sugar. Here are eight telltale signs you are!
- You would like sugary things constantly.
This is very important for you to know, and I really think most of you already know this – the more sugar you eat, the more you want it . The famous author, Brooke Alpert, EM, R. D., author of The Sugar Detox: Lose weight, I feel great and look years younger says more cravings then equal to consume more sugar becomes a vicious circle and addictive. And you should know that this is not only because of their taste buds and adapted left more and more needed to get the same taste, but also by the form of sugar gives a high followed by a crash, like a actual drug. He also mentioned that by eating a diet high in sugar, which causes a hormonal response in your body that is like a wave, it brings you after the accident and down and causes your body wants more sugar.
- you feel sluggish throughout the day.
And do not forget – what goes up must come down, right? Which means that sugar causes an initial spike of insulin and “high” feeling, causing an unavoidable accident. Brooke Alpert says that energy is more stable when blood sugar is stable, so when you are consuming too much sugar, high and low sugar level in blood lead to high and low energy. And you should know that eating a lot of sugar also means that it is likely that you are not eating enough protein and fiber, both important nutrients for sustainable energy.
- Your skin not to break.
Rebecca Kazin, MD, of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery and the Department of Johns Hopkins Dermatology says some people are sensitive to get a raise in insulin from the intake of sugar, which can trigger a hormonal cascade that can lead to a breakdown such as acne or rosacea. Yes, you also should know that excessive sugar consumption may appear on your face in just a few days. Therefore, if your rebellious skin, it is recommended to reevaluate your diet, otherwise “it can be treated for other skin problems without getting to the bottom of what is really going on.”
- You’re very temperamental than usual.
Experts also mentioned that the drop in blood sugar that occurs when you are out of a high blood sugar can cause mood swings and let he sits sulking. And, if your energy is tanking, which only contributes to a bad attitude too.
- You’ve been putting some weight.
Well, excess sugar usually means that excess calories! We all know that sugar has no protein or fiber, which means that you do not fill – so just keep eating. This substance also triggers the release of insulin, a hormone that plays an important role in weight gain. How does this – so when we eat sugar, your pancreas releases insulin, which transports sugar our bodies so it can be used as energy. When loaded up on sugar, said his body to produce more insulin over time, that excessive production can lead to insulin resistance. And experts say that insulin resistance means that our body can not respond to normal amounts of insulin properly and therefore can not use sugar in the right way. The initial weight gain of simply eating too many calories of sugar is compounded by the disruption of normal insulin (there is a relationship between insulin resistance and obesity) response. And, worst of all, when the pancreas works at full speed for too long may develop diabetes.
- has been getting more cavities.
This is what you need to know – well, when chow down bacteria in food particles between the teeth, acid is produced, which causes tooth decay . Human saliva maintains a healthy balance of bacteria alone, but sugar consumption can affect the pH and get rid of natural ecosystems. This gives bacteria a chance to grow and multiply, leading to decay.
- The brain tends to be foggy, especially after a meal.
Experts say this is a common symptom of low blood sugar. Therefore, when you eat a lot of sugar, sugar levels in the blood rise and fall quickly rather than gradually. Brooke Alpert says poor control of blood sugar is a major risk for cognitive issues and deterioration.
- Nothing tastes as sweet as it did before.
So surprised when we tell you that eating too much sugar, basically bombard your taste buds. And you should also know that this excess sugar makes your taste bud sugar tolerance up, so you need more and more sugar to satisfy that sweet craving. So when your taste buds need a lot of sugar you feel like something is sweet enough, it can be difficult to lower its base level. However, it is cut again and suffer through it at first, they eventually will decrease your tolerance again and be content with minimum sugar. Experts also mentioned that could even begin to feel that things are too sweet for you! Jump really find this article useful and do not forget to share with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good one!