Cockroaches are one of the most annoying household pests. They are harmful to humans, since they act as carriers of various diseases and contaminate our food. When these insects come into contact with food, microorganisms in saliva in foods that cause various health problems spread. They also cause damage to several household items such as books, clothing, electronics, cables, etc. There are different species of cockroaches and most common among them are American cockroaches with reddish brown and yellow stripes on the shield behind the head and German cockroaches with pale brown and two brown stripes behind the head. There are many methods of chemical pest control and control natural cockroaches available to get rid of cockroaches permanently.
I. Top Chemical methods to get rid of cockroaches
1. Insecticide spray
There are many applications of chemical insecticides available on the market containing cyfluthrin, which is very effective in removing completely cockroaches. Spray the insecticide cockroach hiding places such as cracks in the wall, ventilation ducts, drainage area, in the trash, etc. Cockroaches usually breed in warm, moist areas.
- is important to follow all safety instructions when spraying the insecticide
- Keep your children and pets away from the insecticide
2. roach traps
This is another effective way to eliminate cockroaches from home method. Cockroach trap on the market contains an adhesive material as bait and once the cockroaches come into the trap of trying the bait get trapped by the adhesive.
- correctly place the trap commonly infested areas
- Place the trap continuously for at least a week to get rid of roaches completely and repeat after two gaps week to check any reinfestation.
3. cockroach bait
The cockroach bait gel contains a chemical that works like slow poison for cockroaches. Cockroaches will be attracted to the bait and bring more family for bait. Whole cockroaches will be killed within two weeks.
- Place the bait where frequent, such as near the vents, trash, cracks in the floor under the sink, cabinets, bathrooms, cockroaches etc.
- Cockroaches eat the bait and take it to the nest can expose other cockroaches to the bait poison.
4. The liquid concentrates
The application of liquid concentrate, which acts as a poison or deterrent to cockroaches, cockroaches keep away for up to 2 weeks when using a time.
- dilute the liquid concentrate with water and sprinkle on potential cracks in the wall and nests and points of entry cockroaches.
- Use the diluted mixture to clean or scrub the floors and other surfaces.
- Repeat resource use from time to time to prevent reinfestation.
5. professional pesticides
If your house or apartment is having worst plagues of cockroaches, then you may need to use professional strong pesticides containing chemicals such as cypermethrin. The residual effect of these chemicals will last for at least three months and kill all kinds of bugs and insects at home.
- This resource should be used only as a last resort
- Do not use this medicine if you have kids and pets at home.
Most of preventing cockroaches or repellent methods available in the market contain harmful chemicals and many of you do not want to use them to get rid of cockroaches. There are many home remedies for cockroaches for people who think how to get rid of cockroaches without using harmful chemicals. Here are some natural or home remedies for cockroaches.
II. natural methods to get rid of cockroaches
1) Use of sugar and baking soda
This is an easy way to get rid of cockroaches method. You can make a mixture of sodium bicarbonate and sugar by taking equal parts of articles and sprinkle this mixture near infested areas of cockroaches in your home. Cockroaches feed on this mixture will die as sodium bicarbonate reacts with stomach acid causes the above gas.
2) bay leaves
This is a cheap and readily available to get rid of cockroaches permanently remedy. Bay leaves are fragrant leaves which are mainly used in Indian cuisine. It has a pungent but pleasant aroma. You can place the powder bay leaf ground near the nest and other areas where cockroaches frequent. The smell that cockroaches will move out of your home. Cockroaches will be removed without killing them.
3) Soap solution
You can use regular bath soap to get rid of cockroaches. Prepare the mixture of soap and water with a lot of soap and sprinkle this solution directly on cockroaches. Most of them will die instantly as their breathing pores are covered by the soapy water. You can also spray the solution to the nest to make the cockroaches out of their nest and can kill manually.
4) ammonia solution
Ammonia also has a pungent odor that irritate and repel cockroaches. Add two cups of ammonia in a bucket filled with water and flush through your kitchen sink and check out the bathroom. The smell of ammonia keep away from cockroaches. Repeat this remedy once every two weeks to keep your home free of cockroaches.
5) Boric Acid bait
This is a homemade bait to kill cockroaches. Mix one part boric acid powder with one part white flour and one part sugar and make mass use. Place small balls of dough in various areas of the house where cockroaches visit frequently to get rid of cockroaches. Flour and sugar mixture will attract cockroaches and boric acid in the mixture will kill cockroaches.
- can also make similar bait by mixing 1 part of boric acid, 1 part of cocoa and 2 parts white flour.
- continue to use bait for at least two weeks to ensure that all cockroaches have been
- Keep this mixture where children and pets can not access them as this mixture it is toxic to humans and pets.
6) The use of pepper, garlic and onion Solution
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon of powdered cayenne pepper, a clove of garlic and onion paste is mixed in a liter of water.
- allowed to stand for one hour. Add a tablespoon of liquid soap to this mixture and apply it in all places in your home where cockroaches frequent.
- The smell of the mixture will cause the roaches to flee.
7) The use of Listerine
Listerine acts as a good cockroach repellent.
- Mix equal parts of water and Listerine to make a solution and add two drops of liquid dishwashing her.
- Put this mixture in a spray can and sprinkle over areas where roaches make regular visits and on top of cockroaches directly if possible.
- They certainly escape from his house.
8) Pinesol And Bleach
Pinesol and lye mixture has a very strong odor that will help get rid of cockroaches from their hiding places.
- Pinesol Mix 2 cups, 2 cups of bleach and a cup of boiling water.
- Pour this mixture into roach infested areas in the building.
- Keep the windows of the rooms open as this mixture has a very strong odor. Clean the place after 20-30 minutes.
9) Vaseline Trap
This roach trap is easy to configure.
- To set this trap, get a bottle or wide mouth jar and apply a little Vaseline on the inside edge of the jar.
- Put some fruit peels and apple, banana or mango inside the bottle. Hold this vial overnight without closing in the kitchen and bathroom area, which is frequented by cockroaches.
- The smell of fruit rinds attract cockroaches to the jar and get trapped inside the bottle due to the Vaseline on the edge of the jar.
- The next morning, empty cockroaches inside the jar to a bucket of soapy water to kill cockroaches.
10) Pepino Trap
- Take an aluminum can and put some cucumber peels or parts inside. Leave overnight.
- cucumber juices can react with aluminum and produce an odor that cockroaches can not stand. This is a great solution to avoid cockroaches.
11) Water Jar Trap As
Another simple method for how to get rid of cockroaches is the water trap.
- Take a half carafe and fill it with water. Place the jar near the walls.
- Cockroaches are left in the bottle and will not be able to escape from the water trap. Only adult cockroaches can be captured with this method.
Once you get rid of cockroaches using home remedies for cockroaches, you need to take appropriate measures to prevent reinfestation measures. These are the methods to prevent re-infestation of cockroaches in your home or office.
Prevention of reinfestation
a. Remove the waste tank
The hiding places of cockroaches includes wastes in the courtyards decomposition such as wood, straw, plant trimmings, etc. make sure woodpiles are kept as far as possible from the house. You need to clean the yard periodically to prevent breeding of cockroaches outside the building. During cold weather cockroaches in the outside area will migrate into the building in search of warmer conditions.
b. Find the nest and destroy
If you find any cockroach discover where hides and the nest will most likely be in the cracks or holes in the area. Once you are able to locate the nest, using insecticides or any home remedy to destroy the entire population.
c. The seal cracks
If you want to avoid the nests of cockroaches in your home, you should seal all cracks and crevices in the floor and walls. It is necessary to seal the exterior and interior walls to prevent the entry of these insects in the house. Cracks are present inside the cabinet, window moldings, near the gates, under sinks, and openings in the kitchen and bathrooms.
d. The establishment of preventive traps
Even if they succeed in eliminating cockroaches once, you need to set traps prevention to avoid new infestations. You need to kill cockroaches before they become difficult to control. They reproduce quickly and will be a threat if swift action is not taken.
- Spraying insecticides in areas where roaches possibly build their nest. Areas near drainpipes, dark, moist areas under the kitchen sink or bathroom should be the main objectives.
- repeat some of the home remedies for cockroaches occasionally to make sure your home is free of cockroaches.
- Keep bath plugs in position to prevent cockroaches entering drains
e. Keep the house clean
Keep your house clean to drive away cockroaches. The food should not be kept open in the kitchen or dining room. Always wash the dishes after meals and store leftovers promptly. Clean food debris or spills immediately. Always keep a trash can with a lid in the house no empty its contents every day.
tips to consider when trying Roach hunting
Home remedies given above for the cockroaches are very useful to get rid of cockroaches from your home, however you need to take care of certain things to try to get rid of cockroaches.
- If you are using insecticides and chemicals to get rid of cockroaches care should be taken to avoid inhalation of chemicals, as these chemicals may cause problems of irritation of the lungs and breathing humans.
- baits and chemicals used for the completion of cockroaches may contain certain harmful ingredients for pets and children. Always keep chemicals baits and not accessible to pets or children, but cockroaches accessible places.
- try to keep the kitchen area and bathroom, free moisture to prevent the growing area are cockroaches.
- Cleaning the kitchen counters and floors using liquid disinfectants stay away from cockroaches
- Deny access to food, keeping food sealed containers. Make sure the dirty dishes are not kept out overnight.
- Cockroaches can not live without water for more than a week. Deny access to water by fixing any water leaks.
- Always store your cookware and pots upside down so that there will be no eggs or droppings of cockroaches in them
- If you kill cockroaches manually clean the place immediately.
- Keep mothballs in different parts of the house and inside cabinets will prevent cockroaches, they hate the smell of mothballs.
- Do not let clutter accumulate at home. Anything from old paper for clothes can be breeding home.
If you can not eliminate cockroaches using the above methods, you can get help from professional pest controllers. They will be well equipped to do the work using chemicals and have the know how to use it safely even when your children and pets are around.