Joint pain: causes, food, prevention, other natural home remedies that provide relief | & nbspPhoto Credit: & nbspGetty Images
Joint pain is an inflammation that arises from any part of a joint, which can be caused by many types of injuries or conditions. Joint pain is also known as arthralgia. Arthritis is a common cause of joint pain: osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are the two main forms of arthritis.
Signs and symptoms of joint pain:
- Heat set
- Inflammation and joint stiffness
- Joint redness
- Joint sensitivity, which creates discomfort in your body.
- Weakness, which can cause pain in the muscles and joints.
- Decrease in the range of movement of the joint.
What causes joint pain?
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is also known as a degenerative joint disease in which the cartilage breaks down and is the most common chronic joint condition.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a condition under which joint deformity can occur
- Bad posture is the number one cause of joint pain.
- Common sports injuries can also cause joint pain.
- Broken bone
- Bone dislocation
- In some cases, arthritis can cause permanent joint pain.
- Tendonitis: inflammation of a tendon that aggravates pain.
- Osteoporosis: that causes bones to weaken
- Bursitis: the inflammation that affects the joints.
- Sprains: stretching of ligaments that can create other problems over time.
- Hypothyroidism, which can cause muscle aches.
- Cancer: Sometimes, joint pain can be caused by cancer
In addition, inactivity can aggravate your joint pain. Bad posture puts pressure on the muscles, joints and ligaments.
Joint pain: who is at risk?
Joint pain is common among people, however, there are certain factors that can increase a person's risk of developing joint pain, including:
- Family history of joint pain, some types of joint pain, such as rheumatoid arthritis, occur in families
- Previous joint injury
- Of smoking
How can you avoid joint pain?
- Avoid injuries
- Get rid of high heels
- Avoid strong movements during work.
- Avoid excessive pressure on your joints.
Natural ways to get rid of joint pain.
- Keep your weight
- Do body strengthening exercises
- Physiotherapy can help improve range of motion
- Regular exercise can help relieve joint pain in the back, knees, hips and shoulders.
Foods that can treat joint pain.
- Calcium-rich foods: increasing calcium intake can help relieve joint pain
- Fish oil and cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and cabbage can also be useful for joint pain.
- Vitamin D plays a role in the relief of joint pain.
- Also, stay hydrated as it helps the body lubricate its joints and increase muscle tone.
Some exercises to prevent joint pain.
- Stretching facilitates joint movement and improves overall muscle flexibility
- Cycling strengthens the muscles that support the joints in the long term
- Yoga reduces muscle tension and tensions in your body
- The half squat strengthens the muscles that support the knees.
Options for the treatment and cure of joint pain
Your treatment options will depend on the levels of pain or inflammation in the joints. Request an appointment with a doctor if you have signs or symptoms that concern you. Initial treatment for joint pain often includes exercise, regular activities and, in some cases, the doctor may also recommend resting. Here are some common ways that can easily relieve joint pain.
- keep a healthy weight
- Wear well-fitting shoes
- Keep your muscles strong
- Stretch the muscles that support the knees regularly.
- The correct posture keeps the joints in the correct alignment so that the muscles are used correctly
- Swimming can help reduce pain in people with arthritis.
Disclaimer: The advice and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or professional health care provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.