Fiercely hot and spicy pepper cayenne is known as the most common ingredient in cooking spicy. Being a member of the genus Capsicum, cayenne has the itch 30,000 to about 50,000 Scoville units of heat on the Scoville scale.
This spicy ingredient is used in a form of joint venture and the powdered form in various dishes, especially in Mexico and the Southwest American dishes.
For thousands of years, people have been used as cayenne pepper 1 part of indigenous medicine and dish. It is widely used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine.
In fact, capsaicin is the active compound that makes cayenne pepper has heat. In addition, this compound also contributes to help cayenne pepper has many health benefits.
Moreover, cayenne pepper also a rich source of vitamins A, B6, C and E, manganese, potassium, iron, copper, and numerous flavonoids, which gives powerful antioxidant properties.
Therefore, consuming a very small source of cayenne pepper is also useful for your health regularly. Today, at this writing, VKool.com introduce 10 superior health benefits of cayenne pepper powder. This article lists the best advantages of using this spicy ingredient from reliable sources. However, it is with informational purposes. Follow this paper to find out which is useful for you!
Top 10 Benefits for the health of cayenne pepper powder to know
1. To prevent blood clots
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which acts as a potent and natural antioxidant and helps dilate blood vessels to provide adequate blood flow through your body and organs .
Furthermore, also it promotes fibrinolytic activity and avoids factors that lead to the formation of blood clots. Proper blood circulation will help reduce the risk of developing blood clots along with various heart diseases.
In addition, capsaicin is also beneficial in relieving triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoprotein or “bad” cholesterol ), 2 of the main factors that cause disease heart. This compound even helps lower blood pressure and removing blockages in your veins and arteries.
- Just mix powdered cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon) in hot water (1 cup).
- Then add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar unfiltered and oil with 1 tablespoon of honey in the cup and stir thoroughly.
- You can drink this mixture for 2 times per day.
2. The detoxification support
Another of the top 10 health benefits of cayenne pepper is to support detoxification that protect the body from health problems and stimulate Optum health. Detoxification helps your gallbladder and liver in removing toxins in your body.
Because cayenne pepper is a circulatory stimulant, which can raise the temperature of your body and promote metabolism, thereby streamlining the natural process of detoxification. In addition, also it activates the sweat glands, which is another vital factor in detoxification.
- Now, mix 1 lemon extract along with ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder with raw honey (based on your taste) in 1 cup of warm water.
- They stir well and drink this solution when you have an empty stomach every day within 1 week.
- Keep repeating this again after 1 month.
3. Prevent cancer
the cayenne pepper may help prevent liver cancer, lung, breast, skin and prostate. Click to Tweet Again, this is associated with capsaicin goodness, which will make the cancer cells are suspended in a process of apoptosis called.
is it has shown that capsaicin modulates EGFR / HER-two and pathway leading to apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in cancer cells positive breast and ER-negative. This will help in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer.
Therefore, only they include a small amount of cayenne pepper in each of your daily meals to reduce the chance of getting cancer.
Further information: Top 11 foods that cause cancer should
4. To combat the common cold
Do you know that cayenne pepper can help in the fight against the common cold? In fact, this ingredient acts as an anti-cold and flu agent and can provide relief from the symptoms of flu and common cold quickly, especially congestion.
Cayenne pepper contains a fire effect that has the ability to promote secretions, which will relieve blocked sinuses and nasal congestion. Even sneezing takes to help remove allergens and mucus in the sinuses.
It is reported that patients using a nasal spray containing capsaicin within 2 weeks of congestion suffered less than those who did not.
- First, ¼ teaspoon of powdered ginger and cayenne pepper powder, a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of vinegar apple cider, unfiltered and raw mixed.
- to mix well, then add half a cup of warm water to this mixture.
- They are stir and drink twice a day.
- In addition, when you suffer from a cold, you can also add cayenne pepper powder to your salad or soup and ginger tea to relieve the symptoms of this condition.
For more information on the health benefits of cayenne pepper, stay with us for our next post!
5. Improve oral health
Improving oral health is also one of the effective health benefits of Cayenne pepper. In fact, this spicy ingredient is a powerful agent to improve oral health and prevent gum problems that can range from gingivitis to periodontitis. cayenne pepper can help cope with various oral problems such as swollen gums, bad breath, toothache, dry mouth or bleeding gums, etc.
also it contains anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties that can help relieve swelling and pain of the gums. Because it has the ability to stimulate the production of saliva, cayenne pepper, you may even cure bad breath and dry mouth.
- Now, first, put the tincture of cayenne pepper (3 or 4 drops) in 1 toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Next, this toothbrush is used for brushing the gums for several minutes.
- After that, rinse your mouth well with water.
- Remember to follow this process 2 or 3 times a week to keep at bay oral problems.
Symptoms of psoriasis 6. stimulate
The use of capsaicin is very effective in healing psoriasis. Capsaicin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which will provide a significant improvement in itching and other symptoms of psoriasis. Furthermore, it is also an antimicrobial agent, to help prevent infection. The topical application of capsaicin has been shown to effectively cure the itching psoriasis.
In one study, 197 people who applied for 0,025 percentages of capsaicin cream to 4 times a day for 6 weeks had a very satisfactory result in the treatment of psoriasis.
You just apply the capsaicin-based lotion and cream on the affected area several times a day skin. Usually, note an improvement in skin condition after 3 to 7 days of this application.
Note: Avoid application on your sensitive skin areas such as near the eyes, along with mucous membranes. And do not forget to rinse hands after using capsaicin.
Further information: healthy diet for patients with psoriasis – the best foods to eat
7. Relieve Headache Pain
If you suffer from migraine, tension or cluster headache because you have benefits of cayenne pepper to reduce pain.
The capsaicin in cayenne pepper provides you with the healing powers and abilities to relieve pain. It is very useful for the treatment of migraine pain. In fact, capsaicin has the ability to relieve platelet aggregating agent which often has the responsibility to constrict blood flow in the head causing the onset of migraine headaches.
can also use ointments or gels of capsaicin to get quick relief from a cluster headache.
It is suggested that the use of capsaicin cream is very beneficial in treating cluster headaches.
Further information: 31 natural home remedies for treating headaches
8. Cure the sore throat
This is one of the great health benefits of cayenne pepper. Capsaicin contained in cayenne pepper acts as a natural decongestant and powerful to help relieve inflammation and control the production of mucus in the nasal passages. It also helps in eliminating the infection causing germs.
- First, a cup of boiled water is prepared and add the cayenne pepper powder (about ½ teaspoon) in this water.
- Stir well and use this solution to make spicy gargle for 3 to 4 times a day until the sore throat subsided.
- Another option is to mix the cayenne powder (½ teaspoon) with 1 tablespoon honey and consume it for a couple of times each day.
. Note: is not recommended to apply these remedies for small
9. the aid in weight loss
Cayenne pepper is very beneficial to reduce appetite. This means that you will consume fewer calories throughout the day, helping you to reach the goal of weight loss.
Therefore, cayenne pepper is a great accelerator of metabolism that helps your body to burn excess fat faster. It also supports proper digestion, along with nutrient absorption. This is essential to take advantage of the benefits of cayenne pepper to maintain a healthy weight.
One study reports that consumption of 6 mg / d with safety capsinoids stimulates the burning of abdominal fat.
Now you just added cayenne pepper (½ teaspoon) for breakfast smoothie or juice to limit appetite and burn calories.
More: The book, 3-week diet
10. Relieving muscle and joint pain
the capsaicin contained in cayenne pepper provides an anti-inflammatory, which helps reduce inflammation and pain.
Furthermore, it also inhibits the activation of the transmitter pain of his brain, thereby reducing the sensation of pain. cayenne pepper is very effective in curing muscle soreness and joint pain.
Many health experts recommend that the use of ointments or creams containing from 0.025 to 0.075 percentage of purified capsaicin relieve tenderness and pain of osteoarthritis, joint pain caused by arthritis, pain nerve due to shingles, back pain, leg pain due to diabetic neuropathy or pain after surgery. You can use cayenne pepper to make an ointment to relieve pain at home.
- First, the ground cayenne pepper (½ teaspoon) mixed with 3 to 4 teaspoons of warm coconut or olive oil.
- After applying the ointment directly into the muscles and painful joints.
- Keep waiting for about 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- do this process again for once per day until the pain goes away.
. Note: Remember not to use cayenne pepper directly on irritated or broken skin
Tips and precautions
- avoid applying capsaicin cream on broken skin or open wounds. Do not let the contact with the nose, mouth and eyes.
- Remember not to use capsaicin creams for babies under 2 years old.
- Do not forget to rinse your hands after applying any capsaicin cream.
- should not take a hot shower or use a heating pad before and after rubbing capsaicin cream.
- should always consult your doctor before taking a supplement of capsaicin.
- If you have an irritation heartburn or stomach after consuming cayenne pepper, consult a doctor immediately.
- Put fresh cayenne pepper in a plastic bag and then store in the refrigerator. Dry powder, just put in an airtight container and place in a cool place.
- If you suffer from a burning sensation in the mouth after consuming cayenne pepper, can be consumed cold yogurt for a quick relief.
Link Recommended: 18 benefits and health risks of black pepper and white research
To learn more about the health benefits and beauty of the different components, please go to visit our Home Health. After reading the writing on the top 10 health benefits of cayenne pepper powder, hoping that you can help find the best benefits of using this spicy ingredient for your health. However, the article is only for informative purposes; Therefore, you should consult your doctor for some advice before consuming it or use it for other purposes. If you have any questions regarding any problems, please leave your comments below, I will answer you soon. Also, if you know of other benefits of cayenne pepper, please share with us.