medications or people also call medicines, can cause many different side effects on and in the human body. In particular cause damage to the kidneys, which are part of the group of the most important organs of our body. The list of these medicines is very long, but no, are you presenting the top 10 of those causing the most damage. They include antibiotics, analgesics, etc.
Top 9 drugs that cause kidney damage
1. antibiotics including ciprofloxacin, methicillin, vancomycin, sulfonamides.
2. analgesics, including acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) :. Aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and others available only by prescription
3. COX-2 inhibitors, including celecoxib (Celebrex brand name). Two drugs in this class have already been withdrawn from the market because of cardiovascular toxicity: rofecoxib (Vioxx brand name) and valdecoxib (Bextra brand name). These drugs are a special class of NSAIDs and were developed to be safer for the stomach, but they have the same risk as do other NSAIDs for kidney damage.
4. heartburn drugs of the class of proton-pump inhibitor. They include omeprazole (brand name Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid brand name), pantoprazole (brand name Protonix), rabeprazole (brand names Rabecid, Aciphex), esomeprazole (Nexium brand names, Esotrex).
5. Antiviral drugs including acyclovir (Zovirax brand name) used to treat herpes infections, and indinavir and tenofovir, both used to treat HIV.
6. high blood pressure drugs, including captopril (Capoten brand name).
7. rheumatoid arthritis drugs, including infliximab (brand name Remicade); chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, used to treat malaria and systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin (Dilantin brand name) and trimethadione (brand name Tridione), which is used to treat seizures and other conditions.
9. Chemotherapy drugs, including interferons, pamidronate, cisplatin, carboplatin, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, quinine, mitomycin C, bevacizumab, and antithyroid drugs, including propylthiouracil, which used to treat an overactive thyroid.
really we hope you find this article useful and do not forget to share with your friends and family.